Just had a huge thunderstorm pass over us. Went from thunder and dark clouds to instant downpour to pea sized hail in 90 seconds! The thunder was a continuous roll for about 12 or 15 minutes. As quick as it came....it left. The fields, roads and yard are all standing water. Looked out the back door and didn't see any chickens so I assumed they made it into the house. As soon as the rain quit, I walked around to make sure everything was fine. Checked on the girls. Did not make it into their house but had plenty of places to hide. They were barely damp. I think one of the girls might have been scared by the storm. There was one lone egg in the middle of the chicken yard that was not there earlier. Ahhh, the joys of a spring storm. Here is a picture of our back yard in the storm. Notice the hail?
No comments:
Post a Comment