Well, today we had a bit of a chicktastrophy. Ronnie and I rearranged the chicken yard and enlarged their area. Now it goes over to the fence by the house. The dogs love it. Anyway, someone did not close the gate all the way and two chickens made it into the yard. I was not aware of this and let the dogs out. Champ and Jack went ballistic and attacked the girls. Charlotte got away but Buffy did not. Champ had her by the fence, feathers flying everywhere. I was already pulling Champ off Buffy but he got away and more feathers flew. Emily Grace got the dogs inside and I picked up Buffy. I saw Champ's mouth around Buffy's neck and expected the worst. Buffy was so quiet and not moving or complaining. I inspected her and found no blood. Everything felt fine and moved. I put her down and she appeared fine. Fortunately Sarah and Eddy, the chicken wizard, came for supper. Eddy checked Buffy out and said she seemed fine. She might be a bit embarrassed eith so many feathers missing on her butt. Well, that is all the news that is worth telling on the chicken farm. Have a great evening and check in later.
No comments:
Post a Comment