Monday, January 27, 2014

Chicken Talk

Not much happened yesterday. They did get outside for a little bit, then it turned cold and windy and they went back inside. I got another egg yesterday and today from Annabelle.  That makes six so far. I am out of store bought eggs and have only 4 eggs from Annabelle. Kind of nervous, hope she keeps up the good work. They were very happy with their evening treat tonight. I gave them corn flakes, oats, sunflower bird seed, and some leftover raisins. Thought they might like the fruit and the sweet. They are starting to look forward to me coming in the morning and evening. Very probably just because I supply the food. Oh well, better than nothing.  We are in for another major cold spell and possibly 4 inches of snow tonight. Sooner or later it will be spring.  Then the girls can get out on a regular basis and turn their nice yard into a mud bath.  Here is a picture of 5 eggs. 4 are very pale blue and one is white.  The white egg is from the store and the other eggs are mine. Just added the white so you can see not much difference between the eggs in size.

1 comment:

  1. Here's to hoping they leave you some more
    Special little treats just inside the door.
    And just in case you were keeping score...
    That's Buffy and Charlotte zilch. And Annabelle four.

    ReplyDelete