Sunday, January 26, 2014

Chicken Talk

Amazing discoveries.  Females are alike no matter if human or chicken!  We are having a heat wave today and tomorrow.  All the way up to 30 and then 40!!  After being closed in the coop for almost a week, figured I'd do some work on the coop. First of all, they did not want to go out. So I left the door open and proceeded to go around the back and do a bit of housework.  Would those girls go out?  No. They jumped up on their perches and complained the whole time.  I proceeded to remove most of the straw and put a BUNCH of it back in.  Figured they would tramp it down.  Then, while they were working on that, I replaced the straw in the laying boxes. Finally, I went back and added more straw in the main area.  Annabelle was up in the top two laying boxes throwing all the straw out!  The other two girls were busy moving around the straw I had so carefully placed. All I could think is makes no difference if it is a coop or a house, a woman is never completely satisified if someone else cleans her place, appreciative but never completely satisfied. I am really enjoying these chickens. They are great!

No comments:

Post a Comment