My girls are cold. Poor things. I was reading in my chicken handbook about cold weather care. It mentioned that chickens will probably like a hot meal in their tummies, just as we would. It gave s recipe for some hot food. I didn't have everything so I substituted ehat was available. I cooked a very small chopped potato. Then I added that to a handful of oats, handful of wheat germ, handful of Grape Nuts, and a tablespoon of oil. Mixed it up and took it out to my girls. Let me tell you, they attacked it!! Now I have breakfast for the next few days. It also said they need brewers yeast to combat the lack of sunshine.
No egg today. Hope things pick up when it gets a bit warmer. I scraped part of the pen area today and left the door open for about half an hour today. Then I added some fresh straw. The whole time they did not even try to get out. Stuck their head out the foor and refused to go any further. Smart chickens.
Have a great evening and happy clucking.
No comments:
Post a Comment