Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Chicken Talk

It has been 2 1/2 weeks since I got the girls.  It is interesting to see their personalities develope.  There wasn't much difference when I just had Annabelle, Buffy, and Charlotte.  The three of them got along fine.  When I got Maleficent,  Delilah, and Snow Belle everything changed.  Buffy immediately became the dominant hen.  She even bosses the old hens.  No one dares to argue with Buffy,  no one. The dogs run to their own fence to keep an eye on the girls. Jack barks a lot at them. They have learned to ignore the dogs. But now I can't ignore them. Every so often, their bark changes and I have to make sure the girls are alright.  The boys are great for watching the girls. Only got one egg today.  Girls are adjusting to Buffy.  All for tonight. Have a great evening!

1 comment: